11/28/12

Screen printing!

Tracing a stamped design onto paper.

Finished drawing fluid stage.

Screen filler! Kinda globby, but I'm new at this! 

Bunches and bunches of cards.

The black ones printed really well!

And a beautiful, beautiful red owl freshly printed :)

After a series of unfortunate failures trying to block print my owls onto cards (so many perfectly round cornered cards wasted!), I begrudgingly decided to try screen printing the design. I REALLY didn't want to do anything but block printing because I put so much time into carving the stamps, but I looked up some how-to videos and learned drawing fluid+screen filler isn't such a difficult thing. My first attempt was unsuccessful because I was too impatient and the screen filler wasn't fully dry, but my second attempt has birthed me 13 beautiful cards. My next step is to do the other owl I designed in a similar fashion and begin those tonight. Then on Friday I'll trim the corners and put them into pretty packaging for a holiday craft show on Saturday. Go productivity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment