1/29/13

Locusts and Cats





This past week was littered with small successes and slightly bigger frustrations, but with those come valuable learning experiences. I learned more in the past couple of weeks about inkjet printers than I have the past year! Plus, I'm finally taking notes on the various settings for each paper I use... Printing aside, now I can focus on a project I've been planning for about a month, which involves something locust like (it's a secret!). This morning I started practicing their anatomy. Every time I practice still lifes or realistic subjects I realize how much I miss it! It's a good test for improvement with speed, rendering, and proportion and I'm forced to draw shapes and lines I'm not accustomed to. And for some reason I start fantasizing about being an art teacher and how I would use mornings for optional still life practice and all the tips I would be able to tell the students... I also decided I should draw more bugs.
Under much deliberation, my black cat necklace is up for sale in my shop! She's painted with acrylic on a wood pendant and measures 2.25" in diameter, and she's one of a kind!

In caffeine related news, Morning Thunder tea is my new coffee. Yum :)

3 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your Etsy shop this AM - looked through every single thing - great shop - great blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's very sweet of you :) I checked out your shop and you have some really cute items! If I was in Des Moines I would definitely visit!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete