4/17/13

Cuties in Teacups: Finished!

All the Cuties in Teacups!
Barn Owl in a Teacup
Black Cat in a Teacup

Scottish Fold in a Teacup
Puppy in a Teacup

Bunny in a Teacup

Squirrel in a Teacup

The original gouache paintings!

The Cuties in Teacups cards are finally finished! Whenever a project takes longer than I anticipated it's easy to get bored, uninspired, and question my worth and career choice as an artist. Those feelings are amplified when I'm not happy with the result, but on the other side I wonder how I was ever upset in the first place when I'm really proud of the finished product! (The preferred feelings, of course.) As I was painting these I was reminded that I do this for fun (cheesy, I know), and it's easy to focus too much on the business side of art and make artistic choices based on the most money savvy decision. I was hesitant to paint the owl's cup black because it would be slightly more expensive to print than the others with so much black ink, but then I thought, f*ck it, I do what I want, and couldn't be happier with it. And those are my deep artist thoughts of the day. 

The greeting cards are all available in my shop individually or as a group! The originals are also for sale! If you're interested, contact me at darlaokada.art@gmail.com. Thanks for looking and have a fabulous day!


2 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! I'm completely in love with them and have now started following you on Instagram (morticias_shop)

    I just wandered what paper you use to print on?

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you so much Amie! I use card stock from my local craft store that's thicker than typical scrap booking card stock. I would tell you the exact weight of the paper but the package doesn't say :(

      Thank you for the follow!

      Darla

      Delete